Get creative and learn something new at your next get together or event! If you prefer to have a hand lettering workshop in the comfort of your own home, at your private event, or with your friends, I’d love to bring the class to you. Private workshops are great for a creative bride’s shower, an alternative to a traditional bachelorette party, to celebrate a birthday or special occasion, for corporate events, or just a great reason to get your friends together!
If you would like to book a private workshop or have any questions, please email Olivia at hello(at)atiliay(dot)com with the following information and see FAQs below for additional details:
- Date / Time of workshop (please provide 3 options and keep in mind that the earlier you book, the better chance you have of getting the date you’d like–and there’s no such thing as booking too early!)
- Number of expected guests (we can start with an estimate)
- If this is for a special occasion
- Any other details
A deposit of $60 is needed to secure the date and will go towards your final total. There is a full refund for cancellations that are made 3 weeks prior to the event. Cancellations made after that will incur a fee of 50% of the final total.
Lettering For A Cause: Each seat at a workshop will help to provide 15 nutritious meals for children at The Ebongalethu Educare Center Preschool + Nursery in Motherwell, South Africa!
PRIVATE WORKSHOP FAQS
HOW LONG IS A PRIVATE WORKSHOP, WHAT IS INCLUDED, AND HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Choose from a mini workshop or a regular workshop. Workshops are free for the host!
- Mini Workshop – Class time is 1.5 hours. Each student will receive 1 brush pen, 1 pencil, workbook, worksheets, and a sample of papers. You will learn the basic strokes, how to form letters, and practice the upper and lower case alphabet. Cost per person is $48.
- Regular Workshop – Class time is 2 hours. Each student will receive 2 types of brush pens, 1 pencil, 1 gel pen, eraser, workbook, worksheets, and a sample of papers. You will learn the basic strokes, how to form letters, practice the upper and lower case alphabet, and word practice. Cost per person is $65.
I will also create a place card for each attendee at the workshop.
I will also need an additional 30-45 minutes before the workshop to set up and 10-20 minutes after the workshop to clean up. If you would like the workshop to be longer/shorter, please let me know (this may affect the cost).
After the workshop, everyone will receive a thank you email along with photos from the event and PDFs of practice worksheets so you can print more at home/continue to practice.
Please note that a travel fee may apply if you are outside of Orange County.
HOW MANY GUESTS CAN I HAVE AT MY WORKSHOP?
A minimum of 6 attendees is required for the workshop. I suggest the maximum number be 12 attendees–this allows for a more intimate setting with plenty of one-on-one instruction.
HOW EARLY SHOULD I BOOK MY EVENT?
The earlier the better to secure your desired date! I recommend inquiring 1-2 months ahead.
DO I NEED TO PROVIDE TABLES AND CHAIRS?
Yes. I typically do not bring the table or chairs however if you need extra ones, please let me know.
I can bring black butcher paper to cover your table with and will ask if this is something that you need.
DO I NEED TO PROVIDE DECOR?
I will bring place cards and some greenery for each seat–if you’d like to add more decor to the table, please feel free! I do like to keep the table more spacious so there is enough room for everyone to spread out and write comfortably.
DO I NEED TO PROVIDE REFRESHMENTS?
Yes, if you would like them at your event. I do not provide food or drinks for the event.