It doesn’t have to take a lot of work to put together a delicious and beautiful salad to start off your meal with!
This is a salad that my co-worker ordered for me one day when we got our lunch delivered. When I make or order a salad, I rarely go for one where the base is spinach– I don’t know why, I think maybe because I prefer my spinach cooked. But this dish seemed so simply yet filling that I decided to write down what was in it so I could remake it! Feel free to change the type of greens or mix and match different beans and use a variety of olives. Below is the recipe, I did not add any quantities- just use as much or as little as you like of each ingredient.
Hope you enjoy!
Spinach + Beans + Olive + Tomato Salad
This recipe is based off the spinach salad from Julie’s Pizzeria
– Baby spinach, torn into bite sized pieces (I use the organic packs from Trader Joe’s)
– Mini heirloom tomatoes, sliced into quarters (you can use any type of tomato you have on hand, I like how colorful these guys are)
– Garbanzo beans, drained (I used the canned version, you can make them from scratch)
– Kidney beans, drained
– Black olives, drained and roughly chopped
– Pepperchinis (optional, leave out if you aren’t a fan of a little heat)
– Italian dressing or oil and vinegar
Toss everything together…that’s basically it! Serve with dressing on the side or a light drizzle on top.